Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 27 Sep 2004 11:28:19 +0100, mike. buckley wrote:

First off - what temps is the PC running now? You're probably pretty
safe with a CPU temp up to 50 degrees c,

This 1GHz Athlon is normally at just below 60C. Wanders of to check,
hum, must need a good dusting again it's up at 70C... This machine
runs 24/7 with no trouble.

As to the OPs query, suitable quiet fans are normally fairly easy to
find. Just look at CPC, RS, Farnell, Rapid etc. Might be worth paying
the few quid extra for the temperature sensitive ones. Even knocking 5
or 10% of a fans speed will make a great difference to the noise
level.

One PC in a what sounds like a fairly large cupboard, I think I'd try
to make sure that it drew it's air from the relative cool of the room
and just vented into the cupboard. Why dump this (expensive as it's
sourced from electricity) heat outside? It'll help keep your house
warm.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail