Hylourgos

Michael Baglio wrote in message . ..
snip
(Alternatively, is there another method that doesn't rely on how
steady my drawing hand is in order to do this?)

Michael "Shakey" Baglio

Hi Michael,

(I may be way off here--I'm not sure I know exactly what you're asking
or if I can accurately describe another suggestion after the
suggestions of so many others who know far more than I ever will, but
with those caveats projected...)

How about using that monofilament in a different way: connect it in
two places at the ends of your piece (the one you want to make into an
arc).

Since this is a table apron, you might measure equal distances from
the table to get consistent ends (of the arc).

Now mark the center of the apron, and run the monofilament across the
two end points so there's just enough slack to reach the edge of the
apron at the centerpoint.

[or put another way: take the slack out of the monofilament until you
reach the apron centerpoint mark.]

Now run a pencil along the monofilament. Shold produce a nice gentle
arc.

Step back and look at the arc to see if it looks right.

Cut.

Am I anywhere in the ballpark?