On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 07:46:21 -0700, someone wrote:

I have always thought that the customer should be given the benefit of
a doubt in cases where the cause of a prodsuct failure can't be
determined....

The cost to repair it would be about $800 not including the paintwork.
New it is about $1200.

Comments?

My comment is, that it is just soooo easy for YOU to say that, when
its THEIR $800 to $1200 of money that you are spending. Businesses
get ripped off all the time by 'customers' who scam them. People who
buy a generator from Sears, use it for their project, and then bring
it back a week later for a refund saying they are not satisfied, wear
an expensive dress to a party and then bring it back, etc. etc.

Where someone draws the line between all out customer satisfaction,
and being an easy mark for ripoffs, is a judgement call. I wasn't
there when this exchange took place, maybe the door guy was telling
the truth from his experience, and you just didn't like not getting a
free door.

BTW, if its 10 mos. old, it isn't "new" either. "New" to me would be
the first few days or maybe a week for something like this. Doors
take a beating in service. If you really think its defective, I
suppose you could try to convince a judge.

-v.