mac davis

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 18:30:47 GMT, igor wrote:

With my TS, I need to make some crosscut 1" wide dados in a 1" diam dowel,
about 6" long. The dados will be about 3/8" deep. I have a Freud stacked
blade dado set. I am concerned that once the teeth engage the dowel, the
dowel will start spinning. At least it will tend to spin. Even with some
small rubber-footed clamps I am not sure it will hold. To anyone who has
done this, is the torque a substantial concern? Any suggestions as to how
to do this safely? TIA. -- Igor

I actually had the same problem a while ago, while making bench pegs..

mine are 3/4", so I stacked 2 pieces of 1x3' about a foot long and
drilled a 3/4" hole through them, then connected them with a 1x6" the
same length..

What I ended up with looked like an over the fence push stick with a
big hole in it.. *g*
I'd stick a dowel in the jig, hold on to the long end, and slide it
along the fence through the dado blade....

The 1x6" worked to get my dados where I wanted them in the dowel, and
after each dado I cut the dowel on the RAS with a stop block, then
stuck the end of the dowel into the TS jig and did the next dado..

Repeat until you have enough dowels dado'd or run or of stock.. lol

Mac