Ian Stirling

mike. buckley wrote:
In message , Al Reynolds
writes
Morning,

I want to put my PC in a cupboard to reduce the sound
impact of the fans. Before anyone suggests that I get
quiter fans, please bear in mind that this is a very small
form factor PC and I haven't got the time to go finding
exact match parts that will fit in its tiny case!

snip
First off - what temps is the PC running now? You're probably pretty
safe with a CPU temp up to 50 degrees c, so stick it in the cupboard for
a bit and see how it goes. Not ideal but might save you some work. I
know people who have multiple servers/switches/routers inside an airing
cupboard and don't have any problems with overheating....

Don't forget that you're not interested in what temperature it's at
now, but the temperature when it gets to 30C or so inside. (or
whatever the max temp is.)
Hard drives get lots less reliable as the temps climb.

Many hard drives have thermometers inside to measure the temp, and
can report via SMART.
Look for disk status monitoring tools.