mike. buckley

In message , Al Reynolds
writes
Morning,

I want to put my PC in a cupboard to reduce the sound
impact of the fans. Before anyone suggests that I get
quiter fans, please bear in mind that this is a very small
form factor PC and I haven't got the time to go finding
exact match parts that will fit in its tiny case!

Anyway, it piles out a lot of hot air, and currently has
ventilation on both sides of the case. I'm conscious that
if I put it in a cupboard it may overheat quite quickly, so
I'm looking for options to ventilate the cupboard.

First off - what temps is the PC running now? You're probably pretty
safe with a CPU temp up to 50 degrees c, so stick it in the cupboard for
a bit and see how it goes. Not ideal but might save you some work. I
know people who have multiple servers/switches/routers inside an airing
cupboard and don't have any problems with overheating....

--
Mike Buckley
RD350LC2