Maxprop

"Ace" wrote in message

Bite the bullet and buy yourself a Tormek and a couple of their jigs and
forget about how your going to sharpen your chisels.
If you don't have the cash go through some of your junk that you don't

want
and put it on EBay and you'll get enough cash to buy it. That's what I

did.

Perhaps I "protesteth too much." I actually get fine, usable edges with my
8" grinder, and hone them with sanding discs mounted on a backing plate run
on the lathe. I've been doing them freehand successfully so far, and
probably will invest in a Wolverine jig system, but not the Tormek. While
nice, I just don't believe it will be of much benefit, apart from impressing
my woodworking friends.

Max