Maxprop

"George" george@least wrote in message

I think Ray's sort of tweaking you and me with his "round" reply. If you
know your geometry, you know that two points define a line. If those two
points are the heel of your bevel and its edge, the only thing they can do
is slide along that line. To cut below the line, you need to lift the

heel.
Same for a convex arc, where it would be impossible to cut anything

smaller
than the radius of the wheel that ground the bevel while maintaining full
contact.

It was most kind of you to include yourself in the above reply, but I was
the one who bit. Or perhaps Ray simply limits himself to 6" bowls. :-)

Max