Whitney

Default Help! Panasonic TV is lacking blue

My friends just bought a 42-in. Panasonic projection TV off of Ebay,
and were unaware that it was made in 1989...In its day, it must have
been an amazing TV, but these days it seems to not have a very good
blue tint. They don't have the original remote, but attempts at
adjusting the vertical and horizontal blue yield no difference
(whereas doing the same adjustments with the red cause obvious
differences), making us think that perhaps something is wrong with the
blue in general. Maybe the blue light is broken? Maybe we just need
to go a Panasonic remote to try to adjust the blue levels (the only
adjustment knobs on the chasis are the horizontal and vertical red and
blue adjustments)? (Would any Panasonic remote work, or would we need
to find the original for this TV model, if we can figure out what
model it is?) Is this just a lost cause? The picture quality isn't
terrible, but it is sort of greenish and rather dim. We'd like to try
to fix it at minimal cost, perhaps even do it ourselves, because the
TV itself is obviously not worth much. Thanks to anyone who can help!