Michael Baglio

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 17:48:08 -0400, Tom Watson
wrote:
Mike:
I did such a bad job of describing it...

Uh-oh. I understood it immediately. ;

... that I took some pix of the idea
and posted them on ABPW.
These in conjunction with my babbling should give you a sense of this.

Yep. Got it.

Tom, Bill, Dan, Todd, et al., I want to thank you all for helping me
get through one of my "how could I be that dumb" days.

In the end, it was the strip of wood I was using that was too thin, so
Tom's suggestion of using a thicker piece of hardwood was spot on. (I
should be ashamed to admit this but, wtf, what I was using for a
"fairing strip" was a narrow piece of cheap-o HD 3/16ths (?) ply.
Maybe about the thickness of a couple of door skins. It _doesn't_
make a good fairing strip.)

Now, having said all that, I gotta tell ya that what I was mostly
thinking about all day as I was using the improved Watson-esque
fairing strip was...

....tying one end of a 107-foot piece of monofilament line to the
handle of my router and the other end to the truck antenna and backing
it up far enough to make the world's first "DeWalt-Tacoma Trammel from
Hell".

You can't imagine how much I'm just _dying_ to try that.

Thanks again, everyone.

Michael "Hey Alice! Watch THIS!!!" Baglio