PoP

Default IMM fodder

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004 09:27:42 GMT, "Clive Summerfield"
wrote:

The only distinguishing feature that I can see is that Thatcher lied during
a campaign to liberate sovereign territory from an invading hostile country.
On the other hand, Blair lied as part of justification to conduct an
invasion of sovereign territory.

Subtle difference I guess.

I wouldn't call it subtle myself - our soldiers were welcome (or
should have been) on our own sovereign territory. Whereas our invasion
in Iraq was extremely hostile.

IMHO it would have been justified if the UN had mandated the move, but
it was use of weasel words that put our guys in danger.

PoP

Sending email to my published email address isn't
guaranteed to reach me.