Harry Bloomfield

Nodge formulated on Sunday :
Just been doing a bit of plumbing in the bathroom. I've fitted a 15mm
isolator valve in the feed to the wc. I suspect the copper pipe is the old
imperial 1/2" dia but I understood that the 15mm fitting would be ok. I've
tightened the nut on the isolator valve as much as I dare but I've still got
a small leak. It seems to be coming from between the pipe and the nut rather
than from the threads of the nut. (I put PTFE tape around the thread).
What's the best way to get a watertight seal?

Copper olives are best used where an old imperial pipe is to be
connected to, copper has more 'give' than the usual brass olives.

Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)
http://www.ukradioamateur.org