Bill Rogers

On Sun, 26 Sep 2004 13:48:59 GMT, Michael Baglio
wrote:

1. The math is done already by others. Your eyes will not be good
enough to see small differences over that distance, so forget
"perfect". I gave a method some time back for calculating heights to
the arc at various distances, but it was questioned as to the
usefulness. [I used to teach math, and was *very* good at it, so I
just ignored replies.]

2. Having calculated, and drawn, how will you cut it? You clearly
won't use a radius that large, so a router guide is out. I'd suggest
hand-planing down to near the line for the larger difference from
square, then sanding to the line.

Bill.

I'm trying to put a _very_ subtle curve on the bottom of some table
aprons.

The height of each arc will be 1/4" above the baseline of each apron.
The center point of the long aprons is 25-3/8ths from each end, and
for the short aprons the center is 9". Like I said, these are going
to be very subtle curves, but visually important and I want them
perfect. ;

How would I compute the radii of the circles I would need to give me
the arcs for each apron?

(Alternatively, is there another method that doesn't rely on how
steady my drawing hand is in order to do this?)

Michael "Shakey" Baglio