Maxprop

"Ray Sandusky" wrote in message

Max

If you look at the work we do, you will note that most of it is round. so
if the bevel is alos rounded - concave- the bevel will sit on the wood
better so when the handle is lifted the edge wiil make contact in a more
complete manner than if the edge were made up of 1000 facets

This seemed intuitive to me, even after reading the oft-repeated behest to
get a grinder with larger wheels in some of the instructional books.

Also see George's explanation and my response. So I rephrase the question:
why is such a big deal made about larger-wheel grinders? I've seen the work
of many of you herein, and frankly I doubt if bevel concavity plays much of
a role pro or con.

Max