Andrew Rossmann

[This followup was posted to sci.electronics.repair and a copy was sent
to the cited author.]

In article ,
says...
A few days ago we had a shock when our Samsung microwave oven switched
itself on without anyone being near it.
There were only my wife and myself in the house and we were nowhere
near the kitchen, when we both heard the `beeping` sounds of the
buttons being pressed,followed by the sound of the oven running. we
both went into the kitchen to find that it had programmed itself to
run for about 2 minutes, as the count down timer was on 1 minute 45
seconds. We watched in amazement while the timer counted down to zero
and the oven stopped.
How could this happen, and can the `beeps` of the buttons being
pressed be caused by a fault, or do the buttons have to be pressed to
make the beeps.
It made the usual 4 or 5 beeps as when we use it normally,except that
there was no-one in the vicinity,
Needless to say, we have unplugged the thing,untill we find the cause.

Does it have a delay start mode, where you can tell it to start
running at a certain time? Maybe somebody accidently set that mode by
hitting the wrong keys, and it later finished that program?

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross