Mike Harrison

On 18 Sep 2004 14:15:08 -0700, (James Hanley) wrote:

Where in the uk can I order a steel scale to measure my screws
accurately from below the head?
like this one
http://tinyurl.com/6lgmj

How would I go about cutting screws to make them shorter, would a saw
ruin the screw?

Put a nut on before sawing - when sawn, take the nut off and this will cut off/straighten out swarf
from the sawn edge

what screw is best for screwing into steel? alu, brass, steel? It'd
be good if the screw didn't conduct electricity.

For nonconductive, nylon is about the only option - you can get ceramic screws but they cost many
pounds each (RS do them if anyone's interested..)