Owain

"Chris" wrote
| I'm about to install a new central heating system.
| What I would really like to be able to do, is to phone home
| and switch on the heating. I work irregular hours, so
| programming the timer doesn't do it for me. I guess what
| I need is a way of linking the heating programmer to either
| my BT line, or a mobile.

If you can find a stockist of velleman kits

Velleman K6502 Thermostat with remote control via the phone line - VY39N
Velleman K2650 Call Code Activated Switch - VE86T
Velleman K6501 Remote Control By Telephone - VY04E

The maplin codes given above all report "discontinued"

Most of these will require the phone line to themselves (no answering
machine or fax dealing with incoming calls)

If you have broadband, an embedded HTTP webcontroller would be the elegant
way.

Owain