Matthew J.E. Durkin

Default converting a portable aircon to permanent

Hi All,
A while ago someone was talking about converting their portable air
conditoiner by fitting it into the loft, and then fitting vents etc in the
roof. Has anyone tried this.
I have a homebase portable aircon unit which is a tad noisy in the bedroom.
I'd like to put it in the loft, fitting vents for the cooling side to the
ceiling, and vents for the exhaust / intake side to my outside wall.
I just wondered if anyone has done this, and if so, what was required - new
case etc. Could I make a new case out of plywood... Otherwise I'm not sure
how I would mod the plastic one to accept the new fitings I'd need!
ideas?
Matthew