The Natural Philosopher

Default IMM fodder

BillR wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

In article ,
PoP wrote:

I understand the purpose of engaging Belgrano like this was to show
the argies that the UK meant business. Remember that after Belgrano
went down no other argie ships came out of port.

Makes absolutely no difference to the fact that Thatcher lied about
it. Same as Blair lying about those 'weapons of mass distruction'.
They'd both have earned more respect by simply telling the truth -
that they were said or done for propaganda reasons.

What a load of crap. Propaganda is a cheap war weapon so we should make full
use of it....

But war itself is not at all cheap. Proganda should be used as a wepaon,
not to justify the use of them.

The 3rd rate nations milk it for all its worth, why shouldn't we?