The Natural Philosopher

Default IMM fodder

BillR wrote:

PoP wrote:

On Thu, 29 Jan 2004 00:52:32 +0000 (GMT), Dave Plowman
wrote:

True. Think it really started with the Thatcher woman lying through
her teeth about the sinking of the Belgrano.

Whether the Belgrano sinking was right or wrong, it took place at a
time when war had been announced between two nations.

War was never announced for Iraq (AFAIK), and I never saw the
justification for sending our troops into harms way without being properly

equipped.
Soldiers got killed in a war zone.... so what?
Yes there may have been a logistics problem, wars have been lost on such
issues but these are not normal business supply situations...

It was a dangerous and expesnive exercise that was not justified on teh
grounds it was presented, was done against the UN wishes, has not
succeeded in its primary aims - of restoring peace and demicracy to
Iraq, and getting rid of (non existent) weaponry.

In short, it was waste of money. An American PR exercise that gave Tone
a chance to strut and preen.

I ahve no prpblem with going to war or soliders getting killed, but not
to prop up a couple of leaders weak willed inability to gain credibility.