The Natural Philosopher

Default IMM fodder

BillR wrote:

Dave Plowman wrote:

In article ,
Andy Hall wrote:

It's one thing being an MP and being caught with fingers in the till
or wearing underwear generally suited to the opposite sex and having
to resign, but at some point in the last few years a whole new level
of dishonesty with denial has come into being, one which is quite
unpleasant.

True. Think it really started with the Thatcher woman lying through
her teeth about the sinking of the Belgrano.

I hated Thatcher but that sinking was correct.. alls fair in war.
Why would she have to explain it? we were at war, it was a warship so we
sank it... whats the problem?

The problem is like Blair, if she had said 'it was marginal, it was a
war therater, they were to close tp call, and orders were delayed and it
got sunk. Sory, mistakles happen in war, and theres and end to it'

Or if Blair had said 'OK we really haven't a clue about what Saddam
relly has, but we know fo sure he wants em, and is definitely trying to
get em. and anyway its about time we did something about him, because
the yanks are feeling dissed and want to put on a show of muscle and get
a bit of street cred and play with their toys' it would have been Ok,
but he didn';t do that. He Chose to ignore all teh evidence that didn't
fit with the pap he was fed by the yanks, and had his ego stroked up and
the chance to play Great Leader. In short he is both dangerously clever
and dangerously stupid and bvain. In short he presents a direct threat
to teh people of this country, and is liable to go off in less than 45
minutes in a direction totally against the national interest.

Be warned. Nothing is more dangerous than a man who is clever, but not
wise, who wants to be what he isn't, and has a wife who believes in
aromatherapy.