David Moodie

Default Condensation in roof

"Dave Plowman" wrote in message
In article ,
Andrew wrote:
Should I just remove these extra bricks and allow airflow through the
soffit vents?

A previous house had an airbrick high up in each gable end. Would that
be a good solution?

The common way these days on replacing a roof seems to be fitting a
ventilator or two in place of a slate or tile. Might be easier than
hacking out bricks.

--
*Oh, what a tangled website we weave when first we practice *

Dave Plowman London SW 12
RIP Acorn

I belive that you would need to be very careful with the positioning of the
vents if you were just using tile vents. The use of high level vents alone
is not recommended , for example see the first article of this page
http://www.sandtoft.com/technical_library/tm-view.php4?Tile=20%2F20&Type=Related%20Topics&Artic les=|41|45|46|47|48|51|52|54|55
apparently all still requires some form of soffit ventialation to allow a
flow of air in the structure.

There are some other docs on the sandtoft website that are also relevant,
and most other tile manufaturers, and some insluation suppliers provide
information on appropriate roof ventialation.

cheers

David