Farmer Giles

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Sep 2004 22:47:42 GMT, "Andy Kelly"
wrote:

Their website has a notice saying that they can't take orders at the

moment
and the contact centre isn't taking calls.

Either they are re-grouping and trying to sort out their delivery

problems
(which I've never had a problem with) or are just about to go belly up.

I reckon the latter.

I notice that they have now changed their home page message:

"
Since we distributed our latest catalogue we have taken a huge number
of orders from our customers. That combined with the transfer of our
fulfilment operation to our new centre in Stoke-on-Trent, has led to
us being unable to maintain our next day delivery promise. Because we
are passionate about the service we give you, we have decided to
accept no new orders for the moment either on Screwfix.com or by
telephone.

Our telephone agents are available to deal with any queries you may
have on orders you have already placed - or you can e-mail us at

As soon as we have despatched the current backlog of orders, we will
resume our usual next day delivery service. The position is being
reviewed constantly and this web page will carry the latest
information.

At present, we expect to begin accepting orders again by Sunday
evening for delivery on Tuesday."

.andy

I ordered from Screwfix on Wednesday (21st) about 5.30pm. Their website said
that the order would be delivered on Monday, and that the site would close
at 6.00 that evening, I was pleasantly surprised when the order was
delivered first thing this morning (Fri).