Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
"GB" writes:

The co-op refused to pay up on a claim I made on my VISA card, and it took a
load of persuading to get them to do so, although I did not have to go as
far as the Ombudsman. In the Co-op's case, they invented rules. For
example, they said that there was too long a delay between the goods being
ordered and my making a claim. When it came to it, they were totally unable
to find anything in the legislation to back this up, and their legal
department supported me. IMHO you just have to be very insistent. I suspect
that all credit card companies resent paying out on these claims.

I've only had to claim once, from Barclaycard, and they were
extremely helpful. I had already had several goes at trying
to deal with the supplier before I went to Barclaycard.
Barclaycard said I should have saved myself the trouble and
contacted them earlier. They give the supplier 60 days to
respond to the claim (most respond much faster than that).
In my case, the supplier didn't respond at all. I was only
complaining about something like £200 of non-supplied
goods on a £400 order, the rest having been correctly
supplied. However, Barclaycard refunded the whole transaction
and said the supplier would have to bill me again if they
wanted the £200 balance. I never heard from the supplier after
that though. This was all about 10 years ago -- don't know
if it would be the same today.

--
Andrew Gabriel