Bill

In message , Andy Wade
writes
Bill wrote:

Hi Andy,

I doubt that the supply authority (distribution network operator, or
whatever they're called this week) would accept that. (You do realise
that you're supposed to liaise with them?)

No I didn't thanks. May be worth a call to them to see what they would
expect to see in the way of protection.

You'd need two contactors and it would only need the contacts on the
mains feed one to weld closed for your genny to be capable of
back-feeding the mains... A conventional generator change-over switch
is much safer and more straightforward bet.

Is a conventional change over switch automatic or manually operated? I
was looking at a contactor as that is what is in the control panel of
the genny at the moment, unfortunately it is only rated at 40A, it came
off a remote radio site and only had to back a fairly small load and so
didn't warrant a higher rated unit.
--
Bill