G&M

"raden" wrote in message
In message , anon
writes
I want a radiator fitting in the conservatory, one says he can take it
off the existing microbore (?) radiator in the next room, another said
he'd have to take it off the upstairs normal guage supply. Neither
phoned me back. A simple enough job I would think.

At the same time I asked for a price for a new boiler, so they had a
small job and a big job to choose from, I guess plumbers are given
mobiles with no dial out buttons so they can only receive calls.

Isn't this discussion a bit OT for a DIY NG ?

not that it doesn't always go that way, but shouldn't this discussion be
taken to uk.winging-about-tradesmen ?

in the time various people have spent moaning about not being able to
"get a man in", they could have e.g. built a house, let alone a
conservatory

But would you want some of these people actually trying to do even a little
DIY, let alone build a house themselves.