Andy Hall

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 18:50:53 +0000 (UTC), "GB"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
SNIP

- Screwfix Direct sales up 15.0%, retail profit down £3.9 million to
£6.1 million after pre-opening and transition costs of new fulfilment
capacity.
=====

.andy

It does seem unlikely that they are going down the pan, then.

Well.....

I'm the last person to tolerate poor service, and had I had orders in
the system with SF, I would be pretty ****ed off with them at this
point.

However, the worsening deliveries, customer service and so on in
recent months can be explained by a demotivated workforce and run-down
in Yeovil, AFAICS.

Equally we should remember, that some people don't read the small
print regarding free delivery. They have always said typically next
day and for a large proportion of customers this probably has
happened. However, if one really does want a before 10 or 12 or
guaranteed next day delivery, then there is a charge.
It's no good moaning if you usually get next day on free delivery and
then it doesn't happen for a few - luck of the draw.

It's inevitable that there is some disruption with a move of
logistics, but it's pretty clear that they have had some problems with
that.

Until this point they appear to have tried to soldier on with ever
worsening deliveries. It's pretty brave, and I think responsible for
them to stop taking orders, fix the problems and then open up again.
They'll lose some business this way, but I'm willing to bet not for
long when all is fixed.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl