Andy Hall

On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 16:38:05 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
On Thu, 23 Sep 2004 10:36:05 +0100, ":::Jerry::::"
wrote:

"Andy Hall" wrote in message
.. .
snip

In the U.S., HD is know as "the Borg" (from Star Trek) because of
their predatory nature.

It would not surprise me at all if B&Q were to be "assumed by the
Borg" at some point.

The state of my local B&Q, recently refitted out as a mini warehouse,

makes
me wonder if there is something afoot with the Kingfisher group, shelving
cleared for 'new season' stock or shelving for new range stock left empty
for the last two or three weeks now (having cleared the old saleable

stock
!). It's making me wonder if there is a distribution problem, at far
reaching finance problem or the much talked about take over by or selling
off to HD is on the cards again....

If you look at their interim report, you will read that they say that
sales of seasonal stock has been poor at B&Q but has been compensated
by improved sales in other areas.

Must be all those PP Pro tools they are selling.

Probably cancelled out by all the returns.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl