Mike Clarke

In article , Lobster
wrote:

Personally I almost always use a mains-powered electric shaver, but I
get the distinct impression that like the bars of soap which have
metamorphosed into little bottles of liquid soap over the past 10-20
years, mains shavers have pretty much gone out of fashion in favour of
7-blade disposable razors and toy rechargeable electric shavers.

Am I right? Is it worth still incorporating a shaverpoint of some
description when rewiring bathrooms, as a matter of course, or am I
just an anachronism?

Although the bathroom has traditionally been the place for wet shaving
it puzzles me why so many people still feel the need to use a mains
shaver there. I'd far rather sit down to shave in comfort in the bedroom
than stand in the bathroom to shave, especially if it's in the morning
rush when everyone wants the bathroom at the same time.

But, as others have pointed out, a bathroom socket is useful for
charging electric toothbrushes. Does make the standard "Shavers only"
label on the socket a bit inappropriate though.

--
Mike Clarke