chris French

In message , Lobster
writes
Personally I almost always use a mains-powered electric shaver, but I get
the distinct impression that like the bars of soap which have metamorphosed
into little bottles of liquid soap over the past 10-20 years, mains shavers
have pretty much gone out of fashion in favour of 7-blade disposable razors
and toy rechargeable electric shavers.

Am I right?

No, the shelves of shops still have lost of bars of soap for one.....

Is it worth still incorporating a shaverpoint of some
description when rewiring bathrooms, as a matter of course, or am I just an
anachronism?

Even if it is rechargeable (I have a mains/ rechargeable one - there is
nothing toy about it - it performs just as well on the mains or battery)
there still needs to be a place to recharge it - most people would
probably still keep the shaver in the bathroom - I certainly do. also we
have electric toothbrushes that need recharging as well.

And what about guests?

Anyway,a bathroom tends to have along life before major works, so it's
be a shame to leave one out just because you might not use one right
now.

I don't really like the look of them though, so I hid mine inside a
tall narrow corner cabinet I built above the handbasin
--
Chris French, Leeds