Grunff

Andy Wade wrote:

I wasn't really sure what you were getting at there and just joined in
too ;-)

I was really just responding to Dave Jones, who said:
"8.5 kw shower will use approx 35 amps, check the cable if 6mm or above
would be ok to just upgrade the fuse to 40 amp."

I was asking whether it would really be ok to fuse the circuit at 40A
without knowing how the 6mm cable was routed. I personally feel
uncomfortable using 6mm cable with anything more than a 32A breaker in
any case, because you just don't know what might happen in the future
(e.g. someone slaps a load on insulation on top).

--
Grunff