Grunff

Andy Wade wrote:

Wrong hymn sheet, 6D1 (4D1A in the BS) is for singles, not twin & earth.
For T&E look at Table 4D5A (6F in the OSG). For flat cable in
insulated walls you choose from Method 6 (enclosed in conduit in
insulated wall) - 32 amps - or Method 15 (installed directly in an
insulated wall) - 35 amps. Method 1 (clipped direct) is the same rating
though - 47 A.

Ok, good point. Still finding my way around the on-site guide. Whoever
put that document together could really do with some instruction on data
structuring.

But is it safe to make that assumption? Given that we don't know that
there isn't a 5m run of cable running through loft insulation, is it
safe to assume? I'm not being argumentative - I'm geniuinely curious
about the correct way of deciding this.

Go into the loft and have a look. If the cable's surrounded in
insulation the effective rating will be 20-something amps and trouble
looms.

Not my loft, I was just joining in :-)

--
Grunff