gna03633

I was reading from the same hymn sheet :-)

Most shower circuit's I've seen go straight up the wall across the
loft and down to the shower, so some where in between Method 3 and 4,
and at most going to be using 37 amps for max 30 min at a time.

But is it safe to make that assumption? Given that we don't know that
there isn't a 5m run of cable running through loft insulation, is it
safe to assume? I'm not being argumentative - I'm geniuinely curious
about the correct way of deciding this.

It says similar in the Triton installation for the shower I have:
6mm2
Installed in an insulated wall 32A
in conduit or trunking 38A
Clipped direct or buried in a non insulated wall 46a

Mine goes from the meter along some trunking form 3meters up the non
insulated wall, into the loft above then down the wall then into the
shower.

The biggest problem is decided how big or small he cable is!