Dave Jones

"Grunff" wrote in message
Dave Jones wrote:

8.5 kw shower will use approx 35 amps, check the cable if 6mm or above
would be ok to just upgrade the fuse to 40 amp.

Really? 6mm is ok for 40A? I thought this was only the case for surface
clipped and surface conduit, no?

--
Grunff

Taken from On Site Guide, Table 6D1 Method 3 (enclosed in conduit on a wall
in trunking etc.) 6mm 2 cables single phase, current capacity = 41 amps

Method 4 (enclosed in thermally insulating wall etc) 34 Amps

Method 1 (clipped) 47 Amps

Most shower circuit's I've seen go straight up the wall across the loft and
down to the shower, so some where in between Method 3 and 4, and at most
going to be using 37 amps for max 30 min at a time.

So a 40 amp fuse will protect the circuit from any occurring faults.