Andy Hall

On 22 Sep 2004 12:21:53 GMT, (Huge) wrote:

"Dave Plowman (News)" writes:
In article ,
Huge wrote:
Much of the satisfaction of a shower is the velocity of the water from
the shower head, which can't possibly have enough energy without
considerable pressure being available.

I couldn't disagree more. I *hate* having a hole drilled in the top of
my head by a shower that thinks it's a pressure washer.

Same here. As with everything, tastes vary. Which is why the IMM one
answer to everything is so stupid.

What I want is huge volumes of water at low pressure - we have one of
those "soup plate" shower heads about a foot across.

Yup.

Your point still stands, though. You still have to flow large amounts of
water.

Which can be done with little pressure - it's down to the pipe size and
runs. Within reason, of course.

The best shower I ever had was supplied by a "Tanganyka Boiler" in the middle
of the Masai Mara. A 40 gallon oil drum on it's side is filled with water,
the shower connected to one port and a vertical pipe connected to the other,
to provide the head. Light a large bonfire under the oil drum, et voila, large
quantities of hot water at low pressure.

.... and the boiler fits on its side. Space saving is important in the
bush. A win-win situation..... :-)

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl