Owain

"Brian Sharrock" wrote
| | Hold on a minute - I wasn't around in the 50's. Do you
| | seriously expect me to believe that 100,000s of families,
| | which would be half a million people, had to share one
| | toilet? What must the queues have been like?
| And imagine the arguments over whose turn it was to buy
| the toilet roll (or indeed seat up/down).
| Toilet roll? We dreamed of toilet "rolls"; ... torn up squares
| from copies of t'Echo with piece of string through 'em to hang
| from nail in't wall was good enough for us!.

t'Echo? Thee 'ad t'Echo? Ee, we dreamed of 'avin' t'Echo. We used to
scrounge betting slips out the bins behind the bookies, used to wipe us
arses on tax paid accumulators and was grateful.

| Seat up or down? Seat? Wiv cover? We dreamed of seats with
| covers - plank wiv 'ole in't were good enough for us!

Plank? Thee 'ad a plank? Ee, we dreamed of 'avin' a plank. Two ropes tied
atween two trees and a good sense of balance we had.

| Folks nowadays ...

Wuddunt ken they was born if ya skelped them roond the lug wi a battered
haddock.

Owain