IMM

Neil Jones wrote:

Brian Sharrock wrote:

"Owain" wrote in message
.. .

"Neil Jones" wrote

IMM wrote:

In the 1950s the UK had an horrendous problem with slum housing.
People were living in appalling conditions. New homes were ultra
basic with no new technology applied to them, not even insulation.
They still had open fires in them. Yet we were spending billions
on V bombers and all the R&D that went with it, and 100,000s of
families were still sharing one toilet.

Hold on a minute - I wasn't around in the 50's. Do you seriously
expect me to believe that 100,000s of families, which would be half
a million people, had to share one toilet? What must the queues
have been like?

And imagine the arguments over whose turn it was to buy the toilet
roll (or indeed seat up/down).

Toilet roll? We dreamed of toilet "rolls"; ... torn up squares from
copies of t'Echo with piece of string through 'em to hang
from nail in't wall was good enough for us!.
Seat up or down? Seat? Wiv cover? We dreamed of seats with
covers - plank wiv 'ole in't were good enough for us!
Folks nowadays ...

I'm just grateful I never had to share a toilet with half a million
other people.

Mmm. I did. Isle of wight festival 198 something.

About the time I saw the fallacy of the 'back to nature' thing.

Using it was bad enough: Using it in the mental condition I was in at
the time was - interesting.

At the time? It is still with you.