Andy Hall

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 14:34:03 GMT, "VisionSet"
wrote:

Of course I should have mentioned that cost is a factor.

Those thermal stores look a great idea but they look pricey.

I suppose a combi is the cheapest option, but I have a feeling it won't be
up to the job, simultaneous use, bath filling. I only have 3 bed semi - but
for resale and our own use, perhaps combi isn't the way to go.

If you are looking at short term sale then it doesn't matter because
most buyers won't know the difference - especially if you sell in the
spring to autumn when the water is warm.

I guess if I go for anthing other than combi and consdidering I'm doing the
whole system, except rads & pipework, I should not replace with old hat tank
& cylinder. I suppose I can get a decent regular boiler for not much, is
condensing worth it?

Definitely. I have made savings of between 25 and 30% compared with
my previous conventional boiler.

What are those German boiler manufacturers alluded to?

Worcester Bosch, Vaillant, Viessmann, MAN,......

What sort of cost am I looking at for boiler, heat store, controllers?

For the lot, something in the £1500-2000 range if you want decent
ones.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl