Andy Hall

On Tue, 21 Sep 2004 11:48:21 +0100, "FrancisJK"
wrote:

Hi all,

My CH upgrade is going well.
Germans and Italians have some pretty fancy sealed system thingys.
My pump is on its last legs, so will have to replace it soon.
Has anyone any opinions (silly me, of course you have) about alpha pumps?
I'm not quite sure how they work.
What are their advantages over standard pumps?

Yes I do.

Basically, they back off the power as flow restriction increases, so
for example, if you have TRVs, the pump doesn't run its nuts off and
become noisy. It has a peak pressure point at just below 0.5 m^3/hr.
Above this it has a typical head/flow curve. Below it the power is
reduced as restriction increases.

I found that mine therefore runs a lot quieter than erstwhile models.

There are a few other features such as a deblocking function.

http://www.grundfos-www.com/alpha/frames_html.htm

Nice product and well worth having.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl