Pete C

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:25:39 +0100, Malcolm Reeves
wrote:

A condensing boiler with its lower flue gas temperature is much more
likely to accumulate fumes at low level (that's why they plume after
all). The advice on siting says to take account of the plume
possibility. My flue will face my neighbour. Do I want to risk the
possibility I might be dropping smelly fumes into his garden (and over
his washing line). For, perhaps GBP20 pa when I won't break even on
the boiler costs for 10yrs. NO.

Hi,

Why not make a stainless flue gas heat exchanger for a conventional
oil boiler, and use the low grade heat for UFH/HRV/DHW
preheat/kickspace heater?

I'd expect oil to increase in price over inflation in the next 10
years, this will speed up the payback on any up front investment.

cheers,
Pete.