chris French

In message , Christian
McArdle writes
I am about to replace my CU (well have been getting round to it for a few
weeks now!) - if you have an earth block outside the CU does this
effectively go between the incoming earth and the earth rail in the CU

(i.e.
wire main incomer - earth block, earth block - CU, earth block - gas
main, earth block - water main etc)?

Yes. All main equipotential bonding, incoming earths and the consumer unit
earths are connected here. If doing the lot from scratch, ensure you install
to TN-C-S (PME) specs, even if you don't have PME available. Otherwise, when
the electricity company upgrades you, you're shafted.

Oh go on, save me the effort of looking it up :-) what does that mean in
practice?
--
Chris French, Leeds