Dave Liquorice

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 23:48:29 +0100, Farmer Giles wrote:

Actually I know what you say to be true.

Of course it's true I've witnessed it at the end of the Panasonic
production line in S.Wales. Donno if that fcatory still exists, it
might be about 10 years ago.

Anyway, what you do on the production line - where you're dealing
with a recently asembled chassis, which have entirely different
problems to 'in-service' equipment - has little relevance to what
you do with customer's equipment, particularly on their premises.

Fairy nuff, I wouldn't hit it quite so hard if front of a customer.
B-) But a dry joint or poor connection is the same no matter the age
of the set, one assumes on an old set it has only just occured like
that in a just assembled one. I know of several bits of broadcast kit
that have X's marked on them to indicate the best "impact maintenace"
point.

--
Cheers
Dave. pam is missing e-mail