mrcheerful

"Dave Stanton" wrote in message
news

could be, but the first thing a pro would do is give the set a good
whack
with the flat of the hand on the casing , if this affects the

picture/fixes
it then probably you have a bad connection inside,

You must have met some strange 'pros'.

First thing I do when a piece of equipment comes in for repair and I have
been doing it for 22 years.

Dave

Thank you for the confirmation, Dave.

Incidentally I used my neighbours, thrown out TV with the same sort of
fault, for about 6 years, initially my friend the tv man came round and I
asked if he would have a look as it was a bigger tv than I was using, he
said "I know what's wrong with that" and slapped it hard, perfect picture
instantly, a few months went by and the picture dropped a colour again, I
wiggled the boards around till I found the one that cured it and I wedged a
stick in to keep it working. Several years later it lost the picture
completely and I threw it out.

mrcheerful