IMM

"Malcolm Reeves" wrote in message
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 17:43:57 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

"Malcolm Reeves" wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:04:41 +0100, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

Malcolm Reeves wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:40:39 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

You should have TRV on at least all the bedroom rads which is the
new rules AFAIR.

Nothing says it is madatory in the regs.

Building regs part L 2002 guidelines say:

"If a whole heating system is replaced, the controls must permit
independent temperature control in two separate zones: the living

and
sleeping areas. This can be achieved with a single room thermostat

and
thermostatic radiator valves."

*can* be achieved...

It can also be achieved by using zoning with 2 thermostats or (I can't
believe I'm writing this) 2 boilers, one running the living areas, and
one for the bedrooms.

True, but as I read it the post was saying you didn't have to do that,
NOT, you didn't have to do that IF, you did something else.

It is mandatory to do some zone control

Where does it say that. A zone is an independently controlled, in time

and
temp, section of the heating system. A TVR does not converts a room into

zone.

- which for most TRVs are the
easiest route. The original poster
has TRVs AFAIR, I was just adding
that he needed to keep them.

Eh? I just quoted Building regs guide for part L above. That says
you have to do it which makes it mandatory. They are only considering
zones to be at different control temperatures not different on/off
times. But of course you can go that far if you want.

Vague. What is a zone. Anyone who knows heating will tell you a zones is "an
independently controlled, in time and temp, section of the heating system".

Like many of these regs they mean many things to different people.