Malcolm Reeves

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 14:04:41 +0100, "Neil Jones"
wrote:

Malcolm Reeves wrote:
On Sun, 19 Sep 2004 23:40:39 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

You should have TRV on at least all the bedroom rads which is the
new rules AFAIR.

Nothing says it is madatory in the regs.

Building regs part L 2002 guidelines say:

"If a whole heating system is replaced, the controls must permit
independent temperature control in two separate zones: the living and
sleeping areas. This can be achieved with a single room thermostat and
thermostatic radiator valves."

*can* be achieved...

It can also be achieved by using zoning with 2 thermostats or (I can't
believe I'm writing this) 2 boilers, one running the living areas, and
one for the bedrooms.

True, but as I read it the post was saying you didn't have to do that,
NOT, you didn't have to do that IF, you did something else.

It is mandatory to do some zone control - which for most TRVs are the
easiest route. The original poster has TRVs AFAIR, I was just adding
that he needed to keep them.

--

Malcolm

Malcolm Reeves BSc CEng MIEE MIRSE, Full Circuit Ltd, Chippenham, UK
, or ).
Design Service for Analogue/Digital H/W & S/W Railway Signalling and Power
electronics. More details plus freeware, Win95/98 DUN and Pspice tips, see:

http://www.fullcircuit.com or http://www.fullcircuit.co.uk

NEW - Desktop ToDo/Reminder program (free)