Malcolm Reeves

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:46:27 +0100, Andy Hall
wrote:

The manufacturers should have them if they are selling their products
outside the UK.

I'm not sure that they do. The oil difference is quite significant I
think. In uk only kerosene can be low level flue so its all kerosene.
Europe is all gas oil I think (and I guess they allow gas oil low
level flues).

I'm not sure whether gas oil and kerosene would result in different
efficiency figures - different calorific values possibly.

Lots of differences. The nozzle at least needs to change, perhaps
more. Certainly a retest.

Oil smells. I suspect you are talking more about gas.

It does anyway though, doesn't it?

I'd have gas if I could :-). Anyway a good reason IMO to have a
higher flue temperature so exhaust dissipates upwards.

If you look at data sheets for devices like the Honeywell it shows it
as a set of almost straight lines depending on setting. Once the
valve opens it presents as a virtually constant pressure drop device.

Mine is a sunvic, perhaps they work better?

--

Malcolm

Malcolm Reeves BSc CEng MIEE MIRSE, Full Circuit Ltd, Chippenham, UK
, or ).
Design Service for Analogue/Digital H/W & S/W Railway Signalling and Power
electronics. More details plus freeware, Win95/98 DUN and Pspice tips, see:

http://www.fullcircuit.com or http://www.fullcircuit.co.uk

NEW - Desktop ToDo/Reminder program (free)