Andy Hall

On Mon, 20 Sep 2004 10:21:12 +0100, "Dave"
wrote:

"Grunff" wrote in message
Dave wrote:

Forgot to ask ...
Is there an easy DIY way to measure the water pressure?

Yes, with a pressure gauge.
http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=71699&id=82412

--
Grunff

:-) Thanks ;-)
Being resourceful (SWMBO says "tight") I was thinking more of a widget to
adapt a tyre pressure gauge ('seems like it should work) or some other
ingenious way of adapting something I might already have.
Dave S

Remember that this is really only part of the story. The static
pressure will be constant wherever you measure it (allowing for height
of course). The point in whether or not pipes need to be changed
will be more an issue of the dynaimic pressure and the flow rate.
Flow rate can be measured very cheaply with a stop watch and a bucket.
In practice it is flow rate and flow distribution that is more
important.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl