Set Square

James Hanley wrote:

would a plastic nylon screw hold a HDD and CD drive securely without
vibrations(seems like it should), dunno why they aren't standard -
since metal ones can be too long, hit the PCB and short the device.

I don't see why you shouldn't be able to use nylon screws for this purpose.

I always thought that the screw holes in HDDs and CD drives were blind -
rather than going right through to the internals. Are you *sure* this is
real problem?
--
Cheers,
Set Square