Bob H

James Hanley wrote:
Where in the uk can I order a steel scale to measure my screws
accurately from below the head?
like this one http://tinyurl.com/6lgmj

How would I go about cutting screws to make them shorter, would a saw
ruin the screw?

what screw is best for screwing into steel? alu, brass, steel? It'd
be good if the screw didn't conduct electricity.

thanks

Do you want a steel tape measure? Is that what you mean?
Steel scale? Tape measure?

You can use a hacksaw if they are metal. Whatever sze the screw is,
thread a nut of same size onto it first before you cut the screw, then
you can un tread the nut off the screw which should keep the treads ok.

All metal screws, brass, copper, steel, iron will conduct electricity.
You need a nylon screw from an electrical outlet.

Hope that helps

--
Bob H
Leeds UK