Andy Hall

On 18 Sep 2004 18:31:56 GMT, wrote:

Andy Hall wrote:
On 18 Sep 2004 14:06:13 GMT,
wrote:
..

In France I believe that they use net areas and exclude kitchen,
bathroom and hallways.

Yes, that's vaguely what I thought and was what I meant by the third
possibility above. It means that a French house specified as, for
example, 200m2 will be considerably more than that 'on the ground'.
That's what I'm after really, trying to compare the size of our house
in the UK with the quoted floor areas of houses in France.

I can ask a French colleague who is just buying a property if you need
a definite confirmation.

That would be useful, yes please.

OK.

I've sent him an email and asked what the story is and also whether
cellar is included or not. I also asked whether it makes a difference
if the property is an appartment or a house and whether it varies
across the country.

I'll post anything he sends me for you.

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl